Monday, January 12, 2009

Composers Block?!

While attempting to come up with ideas for my cliche piece, I seemed to encounter road block after road block. I just couldn't think! Nothing seemed to work for me! I sat in front of my computer for hours tinkering at Sibelius without any luck. From there I would move to the piano and try to figure out something, anything that sounded remotely good, well at least to my ears, but alas I couldn't figure anything out. Eventually after a tedious amount of work I came up with a few lines but still nothing concrete. Talk about frustrating!
Composition is a very interesting process to say the least. It's so amazing that something's can take no time at all and just appear in my head, while other times its as bad as pulling teeth!

To my relief I finally came up with something I could really work with.

Maybe it becomes easier with experience...well here's hoping!

1 Comments:

Blogger Clark Ross said...

This is a very interesting comment, one to which I think almost every composition student can relate (and every composer, for that matter). I may write a blog entry on this topic soon... I think I have touched on it before (Creative Angst; Welcome to the Club, and my 9-Part Series from last August has lots of ideas of things to try if you get stuck), but it's probably something that I could go into in its own blog entry.

Great journal entry!

January 14, 2009 at 10:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home