Monday, January 12, 2009

Today my cliche piece was performed in class, and it went quite well. Many thanks to Jon and Stephen for their wonderful sightreading skills. After hearing the piece those that didn't originally know my cliche, couldn't seem to figure it out but once I told them what it was, it became clear that it was indeed there, disguised in the slow tempo the Beethoven's fifth figure was really drawn out, and kind of distorted I guess.
I knew when I went to class that I still had a few things like dynamics and articulations left to complete, but I still received some great feedback!
- the dotted quarter triplets could be switched for just quarternotes, I totally agree and did make the change, its a lot easier to read this way.
- the bell like tones that i played on the syncopated horn part were good, make sure to notate them in the score
- complete some enharmonic changes so that parts are a little easier to read. I definitely agree, and they will be changed
- the instruments worked well together...I was very happy about that!
- the piece kind of resembled a funeral march...also a great comment as this is kind of what I was going for!

Overall I am very happy with this piece, all it needs now is a title and the finishing touches!

-Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home